Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Strange days indeed

Had a interesting day today, it was Wednesday my day at Easter Seals. This boy Liam who never comes came. Liam has Autism, for those who don't know some people with Autism have trouble making eye contact with others especially with those whom they don't know, Liam is such a person. Liam doesn't know me well since I'm only there one day a week and he rarely comes anyway. What does he do he comes in to the room looks me right in the eye and give me a cute little smile, made my day. So thing go on and we did an activity for mother's day his teacher had planned, then we played. All of a sudden his mood change he was running around the room, grabbing me and ramming his head into me. His teacher said he's never acted like this ever. Liam and the rest of the class went to the gross motor room and I started to feel werid. I excused myself to go get a drink at a the water fondin. Liz went with me at the fondin I had a seizure. It was a minor one but it was a seizure. Easter Seals having no clue about seizures with there steady diet of students with speech and gross motor delays bless there hearts freaked and called the medics. The medics who respond to the call had ran on me before and knew the drill they stuck around long enough for me to sign the paper for them to leave. I believe the reason Liam was acting out was he sense my seizure coming on. We don't really understand people like Liam, I believe they have certain gifts, one of them might be the ability to percive things other don't. That two year old knew I was going to seize before I did, It' fancnating. I've been around special ed all my life never seen anything like it. I have more I want to write I start doing some work at UCP I want to tell you about that but it late and I have a early morning tomrrow, so another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment