Everyone wants to please his/her family it just a natual thing. But often thing it is the hardest group o people to please. I'm finding that to be the case with my mom. She dead set against this Wright State thing. At this point in my life I don't care what people think the exception to that is my family especially my mom. My mom and I got really close got really close after my dad left and we been throught a lot of stuff together. Having a disagreement with her on something this big doesn't set well with me. But recently we haven't seen eye to eye alot of things. She doesn't like me being more vocal about my disability. She doesn't like that I started wearing diapers again. She dislikes my beard. She never been overly fond of me as a teacher.
It not like she has changed, she has aways was like this. I use to be like her, I use to believe the way disabled people to sucessful is to act non-disabled and it is, but it hollow success the kind of sucess that disappears in a heartbeat. If if you be yourself it may take you longer to achive sucess, but your sucess will last. I learned this throught this exprience though people I met. I know by speaking about my cp I can help others with it. I with I could make her see what I see. I now going to Wright State next fall is the best thing not only for me but the people I'm trying to help. I know I can't sit in Columbus I do nothing that's just not a option, especially after the thing with Alex. There are Kids out there that need help, I want help them and I feel like I can't help without my masters and my lincense. The main issue my mom is bring up is my health, yea I admit it is a issue but i has been better, with the exception of a bad spell at the end of April.
I guess all I can do is proceed as planned and hope mom comes around. I know in my heart this is the right thing. I just have put it in god's hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment