Monday, April 20, 2009

Correction and a word on boldness

I have to comment on the story about Luke. I don't really don't know the full story with Luke, I just filled the parts I didn't know with BS to help drive my point home. That would have been fine except there a link to this blog off of my Facebook page and Luke's mom is one of my facebook friend and sure if she is a reader. So I thought I would come clean before I get busted. My relationship with Luke and his family means a lot to me, I don't want to hurt them in anyway. That shouldn't take away from my point that mental illness and self-injury are at endemce levels in the disability community and something needs to be done about it. I assure you that the rest of this thing is the honest truth, well at least how I see it

At chruch yesterday the surmon was about how god calls on us sometimes to be bold. I couldn't agree more, especially agree more especially in these hard times. Times like these call for bold ideas and actions. The same old, same old, is not going turn the econmy around. The Junor Senator from IL knew that when he decided to run for president. They called him a radcial and worse. They said he would never win. That the US was not ready for a president with his skin color. Now that senator is President Barack Obama and he's making the bold moves it takes to fix things. I think the time has come for me make a bold move. This fall I plan to move to Dayton, Ohio to earn my Masters of Education from Wright State University and become a lincensed to teach early childhood special education. This is something Ive thought about for two years, I feel the time has come to do it. Working with young children with special needs is something I enjoy. It something I'm passionate about and I feel I really make a difference in the field. I have often wondered if I would have gotten to Travis the boy I worked with at the county when was 3 or 4 and gave him the love he needed and taught him how to communicate maybe his life woud be better. I don't have everything about this Wright State figured out yet but I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment