Saturday, April 4, 2009

Today was a good day

Been meaning to write in this but every time I seat down to do it something else on the net lures me away. Today my best friend Bryan got married. Bryan and I have known each other since we were kids. We consider each other brothers. He has Cerebral Palsy more servly then I do. He uses a power wheelchair and has limited use of his hands. In some areas his mind works slowly when come to some things, but in some areas he's the smartest person I have ever met. He has said some profound things. The women he married has spirnal bifada, which is birth defect having to do with the spinal cord and she uses a wheelchair too. They have both had some rough times,but the rough times didn't matter today. Today they where both happy and in love.


Bryan works at one the local workshops as client advocate. He preforms various functions around the workshop. He is good at what he does. One thing that makes good his job is the fact that he is disabled like his clients. The clients realize he is disabled, so they more prone to listen to him. He also knows better how to sevre them because he recives services himself. He has staff at home that help him. Last Sunday my pastor was saying that it is so easy feel close to Jesus because we can relate him. Not that we relate turn water to wine or rising the dead or curing the sick. We can relate to his suffering because we have all suffered at some point in our live. Another example he used was the Wizard of Oz the big green head with smoke and flame that helped dorothory and her friend get it was the feble man behind the curtain the man the man they could relate too. I feel that part my affectness as a teacher is that my students can relate to me. In the same token I came relate my students I can adjust myself to suite them better. That's one way my seizures my benefit me it might give me insight into my students.


There are certain unwritten rule about disable people. We not suppose to go to college, get married, have kids and others. My generation seems intend on breaking all the rules and I like it. Power to the people. Bryan married another disabled person that took guts, your more likly to gets critized that way. But critism doesn't mean anything when your in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment