Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring has sprung be sure not to step in easter bunny poop

Spring offically started yesterday. Spring is my favorite season, to symbolizes rebirth. During winter everything is so dead, but in everything comes back to live. I know in my neighood no goes out in the winter. When spring comes you kind of get re meet your neighbors as people get out walking dogs and working in there yards. If you live in the midwesten US you know we have had some amazing weather the last week. I volunteered at Easter Seals on Wednesday and we took the kids outside it was so much fun. Kids Have a ball whenever they are outside and the weather was perfect sunny and in the low 70's. I have bonded with this kid named Alex at Easter Seals. I walk him to our room from our his bus each day I'm there. He does not have much language but while we walk he gives me a little smile like "Hi Mr. Nick glad your here today"

Taking the kids outside reminded me of a couple years ago when I use to be employed by Easter Seals. Yes, folks once upon a time I did have a actual paying job. There was this boy name Justin, whenever we where out on the playground he would get my attention and have me push him on the swing. This at the old Easter Seals building the one I went to when I was a kid. Justin's father was in to drugs and while he was killed by the police. Justin was to young to know what was going on, but he could sense something and he knew daddy wasnt there. I think it benefited for having me there a stable male influence. Everything in my heart in my sole is telling me I should make a career out of working with special needs kids I enjoy it so much and not braging but I'm good at it. I just not sure how to to do it. There Wright State thing but there so ,any things that comlicates that. I'm about ready to do it and let everything be damn. If anybody reads this thing lets me know

No comments:

Post a Comment